AVG command prompt page?

bob_ffc 22:29 15 Apr 06

i recently bought a new laptop and installed avg instead of norton. at roughly the same time i installed a Virtual Private Network driver for my uni network. now basically ever minute or so a black command window appears and vanishes within a split second, its not there long enough to read properly but one time i caught one line of it which refered to avg. does anyone have any idea what this is and if its dangerous?

terryf 00:05 16 Apr 06

AVG free or paid for? If paid for use avg support

freaky 11:23 16 Apr 06

You should have uninstalled Norton before installing AVG - did you do this ?

palinka 13:20 16 Apr 06

I would uninstall AVG (temporarily); then uninstall ALL parts of Norton (ensure you've got rid of all of it by Start>search>all files & folders then type norton and click search now. Delete all it finds.)
Now re-install AVG.

bob_ffc 14:54 16 Apr 06

sorry i should hyave been more clear, norton is completely removed from the computer and it is the free edition of avg

freaky 18:58 16 Apr 06

In view of your post above, it sounds very much like a conflict between AVG and your Virtual Private Network. Can't suggest an answer though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…