//some 3rd party need geo

avg cant find trojan horse

castiel333 01:16 25 Oct 04

I had an application pop-up that said trojan horse dialer 10af in file c:\documents and settings\jacjames\local settings\temporary internet files\content ie5\kz8na9ob\starinstall[1]ocx and it said to run avg but it didnt find anything.Ive tried to search for the file using the number on the pop-up but I cant find it.Im running xp home have sp2 and have also tried running spybot, hijack this, adaware ,ccleaner and cwshredder.Could someone please tell me how I can find and get rid of it?

Giggle n' Bits 01:19 25 Oct 04

CW Shredder this is a powerfull removal tool.

Also look for Stinger which is a good emergency tool freebie from the McAfee people.

Giggle n' Bits 01:22 25 Oct 04

CW Shredder click here

And Stinger from the following, the first download which reads stinger Download.exe you need

click here

castiel333 01:23 25 Oct 04

I have tried cw shredder but not stinger so im going to try that now thanks BlueEyes

Giggle n' Bits 01:26 25 Oct 04

as its just been updated.

Star install is Dialler, a file search for it may point it out but also try CC Cleaner.

Dan the Confused 01:31 25 Oct 04

If all else fails, try eScan click here It seems to remove most things.

hugh-265156 01:46 25 Oct 04

im not sure sorry. click here=

if you have tried adaware and spybot and cwshredder with no luck then try deleting your temp internet files. open internet explorer click 'tools/internet options/general' and click 'delete cookies' 'delete files' and 'clear history'

also try cleanup as it does a better job click here

make sure avg, adaware and spybot are up to date and remove all they find.

if its avg antivirus reporting this, delete the temp files as above and then try turning of system restore and running a scan with it, re enable it afterwards.

castiel333 01:59 25 Oct 04

I tried stinger but it didnt find anything. thank you very much for all your help everyone Im going to try your suggestions now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…