AVG - The Best Things in Life are Free

Pesala 06:14 27 Jun 04

click here

Just wanted to say how convenient it is to use this program. I have it set for automatic update every day. It checks to see if an update is available, if one is not, like today, it immediately closes down. No interruption at all. Just a dialogue box on the screen for a few seconds to let you know your virus defences are up to date.

If an update is available, it downloads and applies it. The only intervention required is to click OK when it finishes its job.

Latest virus database is 467 from 25/6/2004

Stuartli 10:04 27 Jun 04

With all due respects, you are better off checking manually - it only takes a few seconds.

There have been numerous occasions in the past few weeks when AGV updates have been posted on the forum and, some hours later, there's been a second one.

Automatic updates will, more often than not, only nab the second one the following day (and that's if you use your system).

powerless 10:08 27 Jun 04

When AVG updates does it inform of a new build # or just virus defs?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:22 27 Jun 04

Powerless...both but new builds tend to be notified only if your version is well out of date.

I have an AVG update alert list of over 80 people now. No one has had a virus or any problems with conflicts in the 18 months that I have run it. Persoanlly I think this is a reasonable number to give an accurate opinion about the programme. This is why I fail to see why people pay for an AV. Forget all the 'laboratory' tests, 80+ people on a mailing list, in real life, is a much better pointer.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…