AVG been infected?

eedcam 19:39 04 Oct 10

Help just had a warning your computere is infected came off the website opened AVG to do a scan and it is blank says nThere are no active components so unable to scan or anything .At present running a scan with anti spyware Any help regarding AVG please

james105051 19:58 04 Oct 10

Try uninstalling AVG, download a fresh copy and reinstall.

johnnyrocker 20:05 04 Oct 10

system restore?

johnny

birdface 20:55 04 Oct 10

Try this.

click here

eedcam 05:26 05 Oct 10

thanks guys willtry

eedcam 11:45 05 Oct 10

Ok I used Butemans link and though it scanned very quickly only seemed to be able to do my C drive and came up with tracking cookies as did antispyware . Ran windows one care Jeez its slow it found two threats but what I know not .Finally uninstalled AVG 9 using Revo uninstall Hah uninstalled nok then went to the find any leftovers and the pc shutdown and restarted.Panic stations anyway installed avg 2011 did a full scan and it found nowt Whew!What I did notice was that avg9 had updated itself to a different number on the 29th Sept . whether that was its problem and I had.nt loked at it since before tha I know not . any thanks again all for the input

siliconsolutions 17:20 05 Oct 10
  onthelimit 17:29 05 Oct 10

Spammer - FE info'd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…