avg antivirus update

marcbryant 11:07 27 Jan 05

When trying to update AVG I get the correct window but it never seems to progress with the download. It gets to the point of 'receiving answer' and then never progresses. Anyone got any ideas on how I can fix this.
I run XP.

Many thanks

john-232317 11:17 27 Jan 05

Just reduce size and leave it on and it will download at its own pace ;-))

marcbryant 11:28 27 Jan 05

No it's not happening! Now it's saying the internet connection has failed which is strange because explorer, e-mail and the other updates are working fine.
I am using ADSL as a LAN and have just got rid of Norton Firewall and am now using Windows Firewall. I have ensured that AVG is allowed but this appears to have made no difference. Any other ideas?

john-232317 11:32 27 Jan 05

It might just be AVG site, it is very busy at the mo, try again a few times before you alter any settings.

Mango Grummit 11:35 27 Jan 05

It's a problem with AVG just now marc...

Everyone is in the same boat. It's not imperitive to be bang up to date anyway since the virus is already out there before AV chappies get to learn of it.

Just try from time to time and eventually all will be ok.

Dirty Dick 11:37 27 Jan 05

I've just downloaded the latesr update, BUT it came up that my "internet connection had failrd". However I left everything connected and after a few minutes the download completed. DD

marcbryant 11:38 27 Jan 05

Thanks guys. I shall persevere!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…