AVG antivirus

maa970f 20:14 04 Jun 04

My PC had been locking up and freezing, then getting so bad that it would take many attempts to get it to re-boot. Often it would lock up during the boot process. I thought the hard drive was on the way out so I thought I would replace it while I could still access it, so I could transfer all the programmes I had on it to the new drive.
I fitted a new hard drive and commenced installing all my applications (On win 98, by the way).
All seemed well until I reloaded my AVG 7.0 antivirus and then all the old symptoms returned.
Has anyone else had such an experience and were you able to correct it and retain AVG 7.0?

Alec

sgtdibble 21:03 04 Jun 04

I'm running version 6 AVG on Win98se and no problems maybe version 7 does not suit your setup :-(

maa970f 21:34 04 Jun 04

Hello Sgtdibble,
thanks for that; one thing that often happened, especially when updating, the update window would remain after the download and I couldn't clear it except by changing the window.

Alec

TommyRed 22:52 04 Jun 04

Could you do an uninstall and reinstall, obviously whilst you were offline. TR

johnnyrocker 00:06 05 Jun 04

go for the freebie avg 6 much more comfortable/reliable

johnny

jimv7 08:29 05 Jun 04

Just reinstall it and from the options select repair.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…