AVG-antispyware or a2 squared?

bretsky 16:22 17 Dec 06

Hi folks, just wanted an opinion really, I have the above installed and would like to purchase one or the other as a real time scanner as I have none at the moment other than NOD32, but this is what I do have for security:

NOD32 A/V
Zone Alarm firewall(free ed)
Spybot S&D
Spyware blaster
a2 squared free ed
AVG 7.5 trail version(used to be Ewido)
Winpatrol plus version

I don't really want to install anymore security programs as I feel this more than adequate, a2 picked out an heuristic dailler, atm.exe which is the executable for my Advanced Task Manager-paid for version.
Are they system hoggers because I Had this problem with counterspy from sunbelt last year, so much so, I had to uninstall it.

Running XP home, with Firefox web browser along with T/Bird email client.

bretsky ;0)
PS: I realize it is down to personal taste, just wondered if anybody had had problems with the 2 programs in question.

Input Overload 18:48 17 Dec 06

I run NOD32 along with AVG 7.5 Anti-Spyware full version with no problems. AVG 7.5 Anti-Spyware is light on resources using around 25 meg.

bluto1 18:57 17 Dec 06

I`ve never had a problem with either.
I`m considering keeping AVG Antispyware7.5 and uninstalling A2, but that`s as you say, personal preference.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:27 17 Dec 06

1 AV, I firewall and 1 antispy programme are all you should ever need.

G

rawprawn 19:54 17 Dec 06

click here
spyware Terminator, I can recommend it

birdface 19:59 17 Dec 06

I would just keep what you have Looks like a good selection, As for A Squared, I would keep that one as well, and maybe just run it once a month,

bretsky 19:02 18 Dec 06

Hi folks, sorry for the delay in answering, just got in from work, thanx for your comments and links, looks like I will get AVG anti-spyware full version as soon as the trail period is up.

Have a great Xmas!

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant