AVG Anti virus software problems

Mutant_Llama 21:40 05 Sep 03

Hi all, I recently had to format my C:\ drive and reinstall WinXP HOME edition due to ongoing problems.

As I was installing the Windows update I got infected with the MSBLASTER virus which I duly removed and protected against.

I reinstalled AVG Antivirus software v6.00 (Free) but keep getting this same warning over and over again from the resident shield:

"VIRUS IDENTIFIED WORM/LOVSAN.A IS FOUND IN FILE C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{80821DDC-FC06-4EDC-A2A1-9C16629209FF}\RP23\A0005027.EXE

TO REMOVE THIS VIRUS, PLEASE RUN AVG FOR WINDOWS"

I have run the AV scan (fully updated) but it did not find anything. I checked on the symantec website and ran there free virus checker and this too dod not find anything. I tried to find this file on my PC but it does not exist, not even the directory C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the virus scanner but it still comes back thinking I have this virus, though checks prove I have not....

Any ideas?

leo49 21:42 05 Sep 03
  Mutant_Llama 21:48 05 Sep 03

Appreciated Leo, Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…