Highland Guy 19:51 05 Apr 05

Hi all, I was hoping someone could tell me how to transfer updates from my fully updated version to my friends non updated version as they are on dial up and there is hours of updates.

Would it be possible just to copy avg file from program files then just run setup on their system, will all my updates be on this file therefore installing a fully updated version.

Any help or advice most welcome.
Thanks in advance.

VoG II 20:09 05 Apr 05

Download the updates click here and transfer them to your friend's PC. Run the AVG updater and point it to the files you saved.

Highland Guy 20:33 05 Apr 05

Thanks for that, when you say point updater to the saved files how do you do that, I thought you could only update online.

VoG II 20:35 05 Apr 05

I don't have a machine with AVG installed to hand to tell you exactly but when you run the updater you get a choice to do this over the internet or from files on the hard disk.

MickLey 21:43 05 Apr 05

Why not download the free version from Grisoft onto your friends machine then run 'update'. This will only require minimal updating.

Lionheart ? 21:53 05 Apr 05

Open AVG Control Center, right click Update Manager/Properties, Untick do not ask for update source, close control center, then check for updates, you will be asked for Internet or Folder point to the folder where you downloaded them to.

Highland Guy 15:12 06 Apr 05

Thanks for all the helpful advice everyone job done.

I ended up installing new version and updating as suggested.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…