AVG Anti-Virus Free 7.5.519 or avast! Home 4.7.109

Sparkly 12:20 29 Mar 08

Hi im going to get rid of my NIS and i am going to use commodo firewall but as thier Anti Virus will not run on vista i am trying to decide between avast! Home 4.7.1098 and AVG Anti-Virus Free 7.5.519 do they both have the realtime scanning and in your opinions which is the better of the two??
Many thanks.

mfletch 12:24 29 Mar 08

Its a matter of opinion which one is best but both do real time scanning and both auto update,

If its any help I use AVG because I like the control panel {don;t like Avast;s look}

Its up to you but I;m 90%AVG and 10% Avast

RobCharles1981 12:24 29 Mar 08

I personally like Avast its what I'm using now.

Also remember to use the Norton Removal Tool Google It.

And get some good Antispyware from click here

Sparkly 13:13 29 Mar 08

Hi mfletch and RobTheOrganGuru thanks for your opinions i'll give them both a try and see which i like,"Also remember to use the Norton Removal Tool" allready taken that into account rob but thanks for the reminder.

brundle 13:16 29 Mar 08

The Flat'n'Simple skin for Avast improves the interface; click here

mfletch 13:20 29 Mar 08

That looks much better than the old one that looked like a car radio have you used it?

brundle 13:24 29 Mar 08

Yes, for every installation - I've never got on with Avast's standard skin either, this and "Iconic" click here make everything much clearer.

Stuartli 13:30 29 Mar 08

I've used Avast! for several years and also installed it on other systems for family and friends.

The main benefit, in the case of the latter, is that Avast! updates itself and also provides written and vocal notification that it has done so.

mfletch 13:30 29 Mar 08

Thats better much easer to understand; the old look was terrible,
I may try Avast again when AVG Pro runs out,

thanks

birdface 13:38 29 Mar 08

Avg for me tried both and think Avg is the easier to use.And there is a little square that you can tick which lets it power down once it has run it's scan.Makes it easy to run your scans if you are going out.

cornwallrules 13:58 29 Mar 08

My self i always used AVG professioanl within my company even on our servers.

I have never used Avast personally.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…