avg anti virus

pat2068 20:54 05 Jul 03

I am using the free avg when it scans my comp it is telling me there is no virusis but when you look at the information there is a lot of files it is saying it cant open and has'ent scanned can anyone help me as I don't know why they cant open thanks mary

howard60 21:16 05 Jul 03

if you are not having any problems do not worry - AVG is the best and if it says no virus thats it as far as I am concerned - Certain files are locked by windows etc.

splork 21:16 05 Jul 03

most are probably system files, that are `in use` so unscannable, and probably safe. i take it you aren't concerned about your PC having been hit by a virus and doing weird stuff....

hugh-265156 21:18 05 Jul 03

i may be wrong.i get this too and as far as i know this is normal.windows will not allow access to certain system files to be scanned.

someone may be able to explain this for you in detail.

holly polly 22:11 05 Jul 03

don't want to alarm you but i was running avg ,a pretty good anti virus -for nowt ,however after installing and running norton 2003 this told me that there was a virus {backdoor bionet}-which after 2 full scans of my system ,avg failed to find ,if running avg i reccomend that every so often say once a week you visit one of the online scanning facilities {symantec or panda}and do a online scan of your system ,this is a reassuring way of verifying the effectiveness of your anti virus software-i still use it even though i am running norton,hope this is of help -holly polly....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…