AVG Anti Virus 6.00 Update problem

Nessie 19:21 11 Sep 03

I have been using this anti virus for about a year. I have never had any problems downloading virus updates. In the last 2 weeks the programme will either not download at all or will download very slowly. Any ideas whats going on. Thanks. I have broadband and everything else including other downloads are fine.

Steve- 19:28 11 Sep 03

I have been having the same problem, I click on "update now" and nothing happens, going to the web site and trying to download the update longhand also fails, so I think it is an AVG server problem - it has been happening on and off for a lot longer than 2 weeks.

Belatucadrus 19:29 11 Sep 03

Blaster and Sobig caught a lot of people out, one theory is that a lot of people have now picked up on AVG free and are taking belated precautions, so the server is now overloaded. No way of checking this though. Rumour has it that AVG 7.0 will soon be available as a free version, this has incremental updates so should help.

If you can't wait try avast! 4 click here best free anti virus according to virus bulletin and my favourite. Already has automated incremental update system.

wildrover 19:42 11 Sep 03

I had the same problem until I followed a recent thread (Jester2K II) and dowloaded it manually from the AVG website. it then updated the programme to version 6.0.516 and needed a restart. As soon as I find the thread will post the link.

wildrover 19:50 11 Sep 03

Click here click here and scroll down to Jester2k II's contribution and follow the link.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 20:22 11 Sep 03

Have noticed since last update that the boot up scanner has been upgraded different layout on mine anyway,and i think the avast 1 is only 60 day trial not sure.Think mine is on update 313 now think that the latest but not tried to update for a day or 2.

Nessie 21:46 11 Sep 03

tanks lads. have deleted and done foravast. Cheers

Belatucadrus 10:49 12 Sep 03

ÑÌÇKÑÂMË the 60 days on avast! is how long it will run without registration, but this is available free to home users. After that just let it do it's thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…