AVG Anti Virus

tony-guitar 16:06 19 Mar 08

Hi ,i found this free version installed on my pc after getting back from a repair. That was last October and its been fine, downloading updates as required. However, i now have the error 'Internal Virus Database out of date'. If i try any of the 'update' buttons i get the message 'Update unsuccessful' 'No update files are available so the update process can't be finished'. The Windows Security Centre cannot find an antivirus program! Whats going on please?

keef66 16:10 19 Mar 08

I would go and download the whole thing again; save it somewhere in your desktop, or burn it to a CD. Disconnect from the internet, then uninstall the version of AVG which is giving you the problem. Next run CCleaner to remove any leftovers, and finally install the new version you downloaded earlier.

stevo28 16:17 19 Mar 08

i think avg released a new version around the end of October,Novemberish Best advice would be to download the latest version.

tony-guitar 17:30 19 Mar 08

Hi again, uninstalling using Grisofts' website then reinstalling from same, seems to have done the trick. I hope so anyway. If the problem reappears, i'll just repeat the process! Thanks guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…