AVG anti virus

pjelliott 13:38 03 Nov 05

I know this sound silly but!!! when u install software you disable anti virus, where can you turn AVG off? i have AVG free on winxp any help pls

PaulB2005 13:39 03 Nov 05

I think you have an option if you right click the system tray icon at the bottom right.

ACOLYTE 13:47 03 Nov 05

You shouldn't have to turn off any AV software to install a program,programs now should be able to take into account that the AV software is running.Unless the program has been badly written.

pjelliott 13:48 03 Nov 05

thanks Paulb2005 that was quick,it says click to shut down control centre i take it this is it?

pjelliott 13:53 03 Nov 05

Thaks ACOLYTE now confused all the books i have say shut down AV but will be guided by you guys thanks again

PaulB2005 13:55 03 Nov 05

For the record i never bother switching mine off - even for driver installs.

click to shut down control centre - i believe so...

stylehurst 14:06 03 Nov 05

I agree with PaulB2005. Never ever switch off your AV software to install a new program, I never do and have not had an installation fail.
Software vendors who suggest this course of action are only seeking to protect themselves in case their software has been badly written.
In this modern day & age warnings by manufacturers are usually for the manufacturers protection, not for the help & protection of you the consumer

pjelliott 14:16 03 Nov 05

thanks to all for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…