AVG all round problems

suzie005 22:12 22 Jul 04

got the message Driver )core) not found winerr=0 after updating.to save messing about ( have had the problem b4) i went into add/remove.it won't go and i get the message cannot init language file.i want rid so i can re-download the program.any help would b appreciated.

cheers

sue

notmeguv 22:23 22 Jul 04

search for a program called "add/remove pro", that nomally uninstalls things that windows wont. i would do a link thingy to send you to it, but i dont know how to do it cos im thick.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:23 22 Jul 04

Download, save setup file, install without getting rid of old version AVG should upgrade.

Then uninstall fron Add/Remove in control panel

Then reinstall from your saved set up file

Remember to keep a record of your password

suzie005 22:28 22 Jul 04

notmeguv

to put it mildly yes.love ur style btw

Fruit Bat /\0/
any reason why it won't go and i have the latest v of AVG.it's always been an absolute pain in the backside tho.wot exactly am i supposed TO b downloading?

Magik ®© 22:50 22 Jul 04

ok, give me your addy and i am on my way....soon have you sorted...

suzie005 23:03 22 Jul 04

Magik ®©

good evening sir.u must wait a little longer 4 that i'm afraid.....

X

ianeon 23:10 22 Jul 04

Go to "windows explorer" and delete everything relevant - go to "search" enter what you want to get rid of, then delete it. Run a prog. like "RegScrub" or "RegCleaner" ( both free) and get rid of things you don't like

howard60 23:13 22 Jul 04

this may be too simple but have you turned avg off before you tried uninstalling it? it will not uninstall if it is active.

woodchip 23:21 22 Jul 04

right click icon in system tray and disable or close avg grisoft. then try removing from add remove

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:21 22 Jul 04

1. In explorer go to c:\program files\girosoft

2. delete the girosoft folder

3. retry your setup file

if that doesn't work your setup file maybe corrupt therefore redownload and start from step 1.

woodchip 23:23 22 Jul 04

right click icon in system tray and disable or close avg grisoft. then try removing from add remove

ps as it got it's own uninstaller check program in startup

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…