AVG 9 out now.

birdface 14:17 15 Oct 09

Looks like the free version is available now for those that want to download it.
If it has been mentioned before sorry but have not noticed.

click here

The Kestrel 14:51 15 Oct 09

Have just downloaded and started installation. Part way through a dialogue box opens telling me that AVG9 Free is incompatible with Zonealarm and that I should uninstall it before continuing the installation of AVG. I'm not very happy removing Zonealarm, which I have used successfully for many years. Has anyone else had this problem?

birdface 14:55 15 Oct 09

Maybe switch Zone alarm of then install AVG.Not sure if that will help or not.

The Kestrel 15:04 15 Oct 09

I have just put a thread regarding this problem on the AVG support forum. If there is any solution, I'll report back.

birdface 15:12 15 Oct 09

Ok thanks for the feedback at least it will stop others from downloading it until the Zone Alarm problem is fixed.

^wave^ 15:52 15 Oct 09

just down loaded and installed mine says uninstall comodo just stopped it all ok so far

avg want you to get there suit i think

john bunyan 16:38 15 Oct 09

Thanks. I have Free Comodo firewall, SAS and MAB. Hope none of these clash with AVG 9. Will stay with 8.5 (free ) for a bit to see if more people comment.

birdface 11:30 16 Oct 09

Anyone tried the new version yet and would care to comment on it.Faster,Slower no difference from the old version.Better.
Looks like a few conflicts with Firewalls you would have thought that they would have known that this would happen and maybe gave us a warning on how to avoid it.

^wave^ 13:02 16 Oct 09

i haveing been using now for 36hours no problems use comod firewall got a warning as i said above just closed my firewall installed no problems reboot and away answer firewall access so far so good

birdface 13:15 16 Oct 09

Thanks for the imput.It always helps others to decide when they know what to expect.I am waiting for Windows7 before I download it.So any information is always helpfull.

Halmer 19:26 16 Oct 09

with Zone Alarm and it seems to be fine.

H

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now