AVG 9

SallyC 19:50 PM 04 May 11

I downloaded AVG 11 last week & have had nothing but problems since - freezing frames, jerky typing on certain websites, error messages - hate it. But I didn't save AVG9 free so can't go back. Does anyone have a link to it so I can uninstall 11 & reinstall 9. My o/s is Windows XP service pack 3 Many thanks

alan2273 22:57 PM 04 May 11

http://www.mydigitallife.info/avg-anti-virus-9-free-download-with-1-year-license-serial-key-code/

daz60 08:35 AM 05 May 11

This link from 124's post....12.28

link text

this also...it is really your choice,

link text

johndrew 10:26 AM 05 May 11

FileHippo has all the older versions link text. This link takes you to AVG Free Edition 9.0.790 but you can select AVG Free Edition 9.0.851 on the right hand column and update to 9.0.894 using the usual update route.

SallyC 20:25 PM 06 May 11

Daz60 - I clicked on your first link and ran Registry Booster which came up with 500 errors - 445 system related errors & 55 user related errors. When I (nervously) clicked fix, it offered me 15 fixes or buy the package. As I know nothing about Registry issues I have no idea whether this is necessary or a software company pushing the product. Can you advise please. If there are that many issues that need to be fixed, is there a reliable, user-friendly & preferably free package that does the job Many thanks Sally

SallyC 21:01 PM 06 May 11

124, should I untick email scanner in AVG? I tried to open an email from a site that I regularly use & AVG crashed my internet 4 times through Internet Explorer giving out error reports for me to send back to them , so eventually went through Google Chrome which allowed me in.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites