avg 8.5 has found 2 trojans but wont remove

Guy Fawkes 08:20 16 Jul 09

My wife and I both run Avg8.5 free, CCleaner, A2 free and Superantispyeware. Avg has just found 2 trojans that it will not allow her to remove. Saying that the trojan horse (generic13.BZUK)- moved object is bigger than the archived size limit. She has an AMD ATHALON pc & XP.
Is this because it's free? do we have to buy software to remove these?

Technotiger 08:36 16 Jul 09

No need to pay for anything.

To delete the objects, bypass the Recycle Bin by
using shift + delete to immediately delete the files.

Let us know if this works.

Bagsey 09:33 16 Jul 09

They could also be lurking in your system restore files. Switch off System Restore, do a scan with AVG. then turn your System Restore back on after setting a new restore point.

kalignorgna 09:35 16 Jul 09

Have you tried removing it as a power user (tic box in the lower left hand side of the warning box)

kalignorgna 09:36 16 Jul 09

also empty your virus vault in case its full

Guy Fawkes 10:55 16 Jul 09

I will try these things tonight. But is AVG 8.5 good enough? Or should I switch to Avast?

Bagsey 14:52 16 Jul 09

Yes AVG is more than good enough .

birdface 15:59 16 Jul 09

Trojan remover you want to run Your Superantispyware or download update and run malwarebytes free.

Mi Casa 19:55 16 Jul 09

Technotiger's advice is sound.

The size of AVG's virus vault is 5mb by default and cannot be increased.

Just delete the file[s] manually and empty the recycle bin.

Guy Fawkes 22:39 16 Jul 09

I tried to delete the files from where they are shown in the AVG screen, but nothing happened. Am I missing something or should I be somewhere else?
Superantispyeware did not find them and I don't know where to find malwarebytes free. Also there is no box to tick for use as a powere user.I still got my trojans.

birdface 07:44 17 Jul 09

looks like it is a problem with open office.not sure id removing O/office then reinstalling would clear it or not.

generic13.BZUK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017