AVG 8.5

SURVEY 11:57 23 Apr 09

Used AVG for a long time without any problem. Yesterday when updating I received a screen note that I can download version 8.5 free version as my present free version 8.1 would be out of date and not supported. So downloaded to my desktop. Then clicked on the 8.5 free exe file to install and up came message that all was OK and that version 8.5free would be visible on my computer within a few hours. That was yesterday and nothing has changed on my computer! Any ideas?

howard64 12:02 23 Apr 09

I got fed up with avg either not downloading updates or silly messages so changed over to free Avast.

MAJ 12:19 23 Apr 09

Just download it from filehippo, SURVEY. click here Chances are that the servers are overloaded.

SURVEY 12:30 23 Apr 09

MAJ - I did download it and it appears on my desktop. Clicked on the 8.5 free exe file to install and up came message that all was OK and that version 8.5free would be visible on my computer within a few hours. That was yesterday and nothing has changed on my computer!

I guess everyone will be getting the message that any version other than 8.5 will not be supported shortly

provider 2 12:38 23 Apr 09

Doesn`t mean it`s true, though. End of updates for v 7.5 has been revised four or five times: click here

MAJ 12:40 23 Apr 09

If you downloaded a file called "avg8fupg.exe", then what you downloaded was an 85KB upgrade file, not the 60MB AVG application, SURVEY. If that's the case, download and install the application from the link I posted above.

SURVEY 13:19 23 Apr 09

OK All. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5