AVG 8.5

lufbra 15:59 31 Mar 09

I upgraded my free AVG program but the e-mail scanner and the resident shield are now shown to be not active. I have tried everything I can think of to get them active but to no avail.. Anyone any ideas

birdface 17:10 31 Mar 09

In tools advanced.resident shield.make sure enable resident shield is ticked.And press apply.
\make sure check incoming is ticked and press apply.

I suppose you have tried that and they are still not working.

birdface 17:12 31 Mar 09

Any way you unticked resident shield and e-mail scanner when downloading it.
I removed the link scanner when downloading as I did not need that.

lufbra 17:25 31 Mar 09

Everything in e-mail scanner and resident shield is ticked

birdface 17:39 31 Mar 09

I take it you pressed apply to both of them.

Maybe remove Avg using this tool. click here
And then reinstalling it.

lufbra 17:43 31 Mar 09

I am downloading AVG 8.5 at the moment and will reinstall and let you know what transpires

lufbra 18:16 31 Mar 09

Reinstalled and got the same result for e-mail scanner and resident shield

birdface 18:36 31 Mar 09

Not sure what the problem is. Maybe time to run your other security programs and see if they pick anything up.
Not had Norton on recently have you.What firewall do you have .Maybe try with it switched off.

Noels 19:05 31 Mar 09

Along the top line left to right go to Components and click on E-Mail Scanner and Resident Shield in turn and make sure that at the bottom of each of their pages the appropriate boxes are ticked i.e resident shield active and e-mail scanner in and out active etc.
Regards
Noels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…