AVG 8.0 email scanner issue!

gazmix 19:42 04 Jul 08

Hi
I am about to install AVG 8. Now i use 7.5

In 7.5, i'm sure i had the option to disable on installation, the email scanner but i hear that in version 8, this option is unavailable!

I need to disable this as it conflicts with my Mailwasher that i realy like!

Can i disable email scanner on installation or when its installed, as i can with 7.5?

Also, will anything else with AVG conflict with my Ashampoo firewall, Spybot (immunization issue i heard) & Adaware?

Thanks

Spark6 20:23 04 Jul 08

email scanner can be disabled!

Halmer 20:36 04 Jul 08

and then ignored gaz so that the icon in the brhc remains OK.

gazmix 22:11 04 Jul 08

Halmer
I don't understand about the icon in bhrc?? remaining ok!! & ignored??

Gaz

Sea Urchin 23:29 04 Jul 08

I just asked the same question today about the link scanner, and yes the email scanner can be disabled at installation. Thanks to johndrew (and others) I used this link (at the Module Selection box uncheck email scanner)

click here

Sea Urchin 23:31 04 Jul 08

And in the latest version of AVG 8.0 the conflict problems with immunisation seem to have been sorted

click here

gazmix 23:53 04 Jul 08

Cheers, i will do this & Sea Urchin's link was so helpful, however what is :-

Link Scanner &
Search shield

I just want what i had with 7.5, but without the email scanner!

Do i check the search shield box!!?? i assume this is resident shield so i should keep it??

Gaz

Sea Urchin 00:00 05 Jul 08

Search Shield is the link scanner that advises against "suspicious" web sites when searching with Google. I disabled that as I use McAfee Site Advisor in preference.

gazmix 00:25 05 Jul 08

cheers, i just looked at grisofts page & am still wondering if it will conflict with any spybot/adaware etc & wether i need it or not!, i'm unsure!

Ok, link scanner & search shield are the same thing, & i can disable the email scanner using custom install as opposed to here!

click here
& article 1285!
using this will interfere with mailwasher!!

is this right?

cheers

Sea Urchin 00:37 05 Jul 08

I guess the only advantage of using that article 1285 is if you are likely to want to switch it on again. Using the previous method it will not be installed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…