AVG 8 and Resident shield

JITC1 17:18 04 Feb 09

I had AVG 7.5 and recently upgraded it to 8.0. Everything works fine but I get the resident shield notification popping up a lot saying its blocked this or that. I would like to have it running but not have the pop ups.

Is there any way of doing this, apart from turning it off?, or is there a better free anti virus you could recconmend if I cannot get rid of the pop up

Thanks in advance

User-1229748 17:27 04 Feb 09

i don't think avg includes root kit preventon in the freebie in which case you would be better off with avira or avastclick here

JITC1 17:33 04 Feb 09

Thanks for the reply smackheadz but I think you misread the post. What is annoying is the balloon pop ups that come on in the bottom right corner. This never happened in 7.5

I have turned off the balloon notifications in the advanced settings and restarted the computer but they still come on.

I might go to avast or avira as you suggest if i cannot turn it off. Do they also have the pop ups

User-1229748 17:37 04 Feb 09

i don't know about avast but avira has a nag screen when it updates itself which bothers some people,but no balloon notifications that i've noticed :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…