AVG 8 installation and AOL interference !

Sabi 18:00 18 May 08

Hello;

This might be very confusing but I hope someone might know the answer to it.

I am trying to install AVG 8 in my second computer (licence for 3 PC) but every time I put the disc in, the AOL 9 0 VR (my service provider) opens another AOL window, which has a word “index” on top left corner of the blue bar. Underneath that it says: “AVG, tough on threats, easy on you” the rest of the page is blank!! There is nothing to click on except for a small bar at the bottom with a word “window (1)” in it.

I can only left click on that which drops 5 options. They are: New Browser window, Index (which is ticked already) Clear My Footprints, Select Footprints to Clear, AOL Topspeed Settings.

I tried to open the software from “my computer” I right clicked on AVG to explore/ open but still couldn’t as the AVG shows as an icon!

I also tried to stop AOL at the start-up but got confused at it was nothing under AOL 9.0 VR in msconfig -startup!!!

Is there any other way that I can install AVG without AOL interfering??

Many thanks

Sabi
Windows XP, AOL 9 VR, Window explorer 7, Ad-Aware 2007

mrwoowoo 18:18 18 May 08

I would try to install in safe mode.
That way nothing else can interfere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…