avg 8 help

Adrienne-512217 19:11 06 Jun 08

I have started using AVG 8 and when it has finished scanning it says there are no threats but has a warning list and each one says potentionaly dangerous and I have put them in the vault. Why does AVG not call these a threat, and I am worried that the vault will fill up very quickly. This never happened on 7.5. I am thinking of changing to Avast.

ronalddonald 23:17 06 Jun 08

click here
even ive had problems no ive just uninstalled it and using avira. search the forums for free anti virus software.

bluto1 23:41 06 Jun 08

I had some problems in the last 3 days so I disabled my Avast and loaded AVG 8. After a 2.5 hour scan over 2000 malware items were found. I ignored them, uninstalled AVG8 and ran Avast4, updated, and found nothing. I then ran cCleaner and it cleared over 3Mb of rubbish. Most of my problem was solved, but as far as I'm concerned AVG8 is out.

birdface 09:05 07 Jun 08

If it was Active X problems ignore it.i get 190 every time I scan.If you have spywareblaster you will have to go in to it and make sure that all protection is enabled.Just a bit of a conflict between AVG.Spybot and SpywareBlaster.

Adrienne-512217 13:31 10 Jun 08

just to say many thanks for your help have started to look around

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…