avg 8 causes computer to freeze

Taolad 15:11 16 Feb 09

I have installed AVG 8 three times on my family computer and once on my software experimental one. Both are DEll. One is a Dimension 2400 with XP Home SP3 and the good one is a Dimension E520 with XP Media Centre and SP3. Does anyone know why the older one operates perfectly with AVG and the other does not respond at all? It takes about three or four restarts before I can get into safe mode to remove AVG. I would be very grateful if some knowledgable reader can assist.

dartx10 15:20 16 Feb 09

i never had luck with it but you can go to nortin 360 and get a 90 day free trail save the down load link to a flash drive and uninstall and reinstall every 90 days and have grate virus protection better thin avg

dartx10 15:21 16 Feb 09

i have had on luck with avg that is

Taolad 13:00 17 Feb 09

dartx10 I think I`ll give your give your advice a try. Thanks very much

Marko797 13:07 17 Feb 09

personally, I would not go near Norton. It is a resource hog and quite a few have had issues with it - try a forum search. Some problems reported also on uninstalling it.

I use (and would recommend) Avast free. It auto updates and it is regularly recommended on here.

Taolad 18:04 18 Feb 09

Avast is another anti virus I would like to have tried and with recommendations from here I will. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…