Avg 8 (again)

thetic 14:25 14 Jul 08

Hi i keep getting told that my Anti spyware and Anti virus is out of outdated? I uninstaled ran ccleaner then instaled it again. But still the same outcome? My desktop pc is ok its my laptop that im having the problem with.I tried diffrent anti virus(avira) But thats not updating? it does a system scan ok but wont update? Also my emails(outlook express)are not working either.I am getting the message 'ERR AVG POP3'proxy server cannot connect to the mail server!port 110 secure(SSL)no server error 0x800ccc90. thoughts please. :¬)

mfletch 14:54 14 Jul 08

Are you sure you have completely uninstalled any other Antivirus programs

thetic 15:22 14 Jul 08

Yeah as far as i no. I just used add remove the restared it up again.The update manager has failed now on the av8.?

mfletch 16:36 14 Jul 08

Try a repair installation

download the latest AVG installation installation file from the Download section of our website click here
When you are prompted, please do not open this file directly from the Internet, but click the "Save" button and choose a location where the installation file should be stored. We recommend saving the file to the Desktop.
Locate the downloaded AVG installation file (it has a four color square icon and its name starts with AVG...) and launch the installation by double-clicking on it.
The following screen will be displayed during the installation process:
Add/Remove Components - choose this option if you want to add or remove some AVG component
Repair installation - this option repairs or reinstalls missing or damaged components of AVG
Uninstall - this option removes the AVG program from your PC

thetic 17:13 14 Jul 08

Great info cheers i got it off my pc now. Since i got off my pc my emails have been fine now. AVG no more for me ive had enough of it now. ive had nothing but trouble with it(come back 7.5) :¬) cheers again mfletch.

mnopq 20:14 14 Jul 08

Have you got your computer set to Hibernate ?. Updates will only install with a proper re-boot.

mnopq 20:14 14 Jul 08

Have you got your computer set to Hibernate ?. Updates will only install with a proper re-boot.

thetic 22:26 14 Jul 08

No mnopq i checked that earlier on cheers for the reply anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…