AVG 7.5 stopped downloading and updating

Nuneatonian 15:14 02 May 08

Hi all
Just recently my 7.5 does not update. The box comes up and nothing downloads. I have had the pop up to upgrade to the new AVG 8, and I have looked at the free version. I don't want all the extra bits, I have vista so some of features so I have firewall and windows defender etc are already there. I just want the updated version of 7.5 not all the bumph! Have heard the new one causes problems, a bit nervous!!
Nuneatonian

dth 15:34 02 May 08

I haven't had any problems with version 8. AVG still seems quite light on system resources - so I would update.

It may well be just a server problem with 7.5 at the avg end but eventually they will stop supporting 7.5 anyway.

Daiol 17:52 02 May 08

AVG 7.5 updating okay with me today.??

Diemmess 19:26 02 May 08

AVG 8.0 is a 45Mb file.

..... but I have installed it over AVG 7.5 both on a PC and a Laptop. (Both XP Pro) I went offline but didn't disable AVG or Zone Alarm.

Both installations went through without a hitch, I was patient for once, followed the prompts and when told allowed it to reboot.

I see from this forum some have had trouble, but in the words of Cpl. Jones - "Don't panic".

There are one or two places where nothing much seems be happening, that is where it pays just to wait it out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac