avg 7.5 problems

kimisam 13:23 20 Apr 08

Hi,

I have a problems with avg on my vista laptop, after update, the icon on the task bar still grey out, it doesn't matter how many time I update, it's still the same. although, it says update sucessfully, but it's not. I can still go online and update, and it still grey out.

I have uninstall and then reinstall avg, it works for about a week and then back to the same problems.

is anyone out there have the same problem or can help please.

many thanks

birdface 13:34 20 Apr 08

Does it not tell you to reboot for updates to be installed.

pk46 13:47 20 Apr 08

AVG were very slow to bring out a version that worked with with Vista but i always had problems with it hence why i changed to McAfee at least it works with Vista and doesn't cause to much hang on start up.

birdface 13:48 20 Apr 08

Double click on update manager. Update immediately should be dotted and update at next reboot is dotted.Apply.Ok .There is another way but cannot remember how to do it.If I remember I will post back on here.

mfletch 13:51 20 Apr 08

You can also stop AVG from scanning on startup,

To turn off auto scan :-

Launch either AVGCC or AVGTC->Scheduler->Scheduled Tasks (AVGCC only)->(Highlight)Test plan in basic mode->Edit Schedule->(Disable)'Periodically start scheduled antivirus test'->OK->Close

birdface 14:05 20 Apr 08

This from an old thread from mfletch.Hi all,

Try this,

AVG Control Center->Update Manager->Settings->Advanced tab-> use "Delete update temporary files" button

Then restart your computer and hopefully it will not ask to do a restart on the next update This worked for me when I had the same sort of problem.

kimisam 14:07 20 Apr 08

Hello buteman,
no it doesn't tell me to reboot.it make no difference if I reboot or not anyway!

I have uninstall and reinstall it a few times for the last few months, it works for about a week then it goes worng again, any suggestions?

thanks

kimisam 14:13 20 Apr 08

hello buteman,

just tried it and it doesn't work

thanks anyway

kimisam 14:16 20 Apr 08

hello mfletch,

just tried and it's still not working.

thanks

birdface 15:27 20 Apr 08

Just to make sure we are talking about AVG Anti-virus and not Anti-Spyware.If Anti-Spyware you only get a months free trial and after that it reverts to the free edition.And the icon on the Taskbar will stay grayed out.

Digital 16:54 20 Apr 08

Kimisam, right click on the icon in the Notification Area (or whatever Vista calls it), click on Launch Control Center, this should show you which part or parts of AVG is/are causing the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…