AVG 7.5-Or 8.0

Sparkly 16:49 11 Jul 08

Hi all i have been watching the number of threads about AVG 8.0 and the problems that some people had been getting since they upgraded from 7.5 to 8.0 that is why i have held off upgrading from my AVG 7.5, since the cut off date in june i get promted to upgrade daily AVG still updates automaticly when there is an update and i allso right click the AVG icon in the notification area and select check for updates it has just done so and installed AVG Database version 1546 as this is still updating for me each day or when there is an update am i still protected as i was a month ago before the release of version 8.0 or should i now go over to it (basicly have they iron out the problems people were getting).
Running XP Home SP2
Online Armor
SuperAntispyware
Spybot
Thanks in advance

isca2 16:53 11 Jul 08

I would stay with 7.5 for the time being.

Pamy 16:53 11 Jul 08

You will still be protected on 7.5 as long as they keep updating. When they stop doing so you will have to use 8 or stay with 7.5 without further updates or find another A/V prog

ened 16:58 11 Jul 08

"since the cut off date in june i get promted to upgrade daily "

Me too and although it is merely a question of clicking to get rid of it I think it is a liberty and am seriously considering another programme.

provider 2 17:19 11 Jul 08

A new end of support date for AVG 7.5 apparently:

click here=

ened 17:34 11 Jul 08

Originally they (the moderators on the AVG Forum) said 7.5 would be supported until the end of the year.

Now, according to your link only the paid for version will still receive updates.

Methinks there is so much messing about I am going to switch allegiance - after eleven years!!

Pamy 17:38 11 Jul 08

Nothing wrong with version 8 for me

Sparkly 18:07 11 Jul 08

Hi Nuts,Pamy,ened, and thanks for the replys i think i will stick with the 7.5 version for now. Pamy took your thoughts on if the updates stop then i will have to consider the version 8.0 or something else, thanks for your link provider 2 hope that they do keep going till August.
Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now