AVG 7.5 - help with instal please""

ROCKHARD 14:42 17 Feb 07

Hi - can anyone help me with this query about AVG 7.5 installation. I've tried to instaell but after I've selected 'Repair Installation' the next screen requests a licence number and without this I can't proceed any further.

How do you get the licence number?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Technotiger 14:44 17 Feb 07

Hi, just make sure you download/install the Free Version 7.5 - then when you come to install it, the licence number will be already filled in.

Technotiger 14:46 17 Feb 07

click here

Download the free version from the First Orange Link.

Technotiger 14:51 17 Feb 07

PS - when you have the new version installed, you will need to update the Virus Data Base - when the Red icon in the new 7.5 turns Green, all will be ok.

It does look a little bit different from the earlier version avg.

ROCKHARD 19:19 17 Feb 07

Thanks Technotiger

I haven't tried it yet but it seems straight forward!!

One 'last' question - AVG 7.1 is currently installed, do I close that down before installing AVG 7.5?

Regards

Strawballs 19:20 17 Feb 07

no it will sort that out during install

Technotiger 19:25 17 Feb 07

Thanks ... I was away, having din-dins.

Totally-braindead 20:42 17 Feb 07

There is a known fault in a minority of PCs. You are recommended just to install AVG 7.5 over the top of 7.1 initially but it is important to check it is still checking your emails. In a few computers it doesn't check the emails. If you find this happens to you then delete AVG using add/remove programs and reinstall from scratch using the AVG download you already have.
Try installing over the top first though as with most PCs they have no problem.

birdface 01:21 18 Feb 07

Uninstall it first then run C Cleaner then Install the new version, That way you are sure not to have any problems.I tried installing it over the top, it did not work.

Technotiger 07:42 18 Feb 07

Hi, don't worry too much about it, just go ahead as per my earlier response - I have just upgraded four desktop computers from 7.1 to 7.5 Free, all without any problems.

golfpro 08:08 18 Feb 07

I have been running AVG free now for nearly a year, my version upgrades itself automatically I did this in settings. I am now on 7.5441.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos