Is AVG 7.5 an anti virus programme?

bluto1 19:58 01 Nov 06

I know it`s the new name for Ewido, but is it truly an anti virus programme? Sorry if this is a silly question?

TomG 20:00 01 Nov 06

Ewido is a member of the grisoft group who wrote avg - avg is a very good anti virus program

Jan Cyrka 20:01 01 Nov 06

AVG 7.5 is an antivirus programme.
AVG Antispware (formerly Ewido) is antispyware.
Easy enough.

anskyber 20:02 01 Nov 06

It depends on which 7.5 you are asking about. There are two flovours one is an anti virus program and the other is an anti spyware program.

click here

Tick Tock 3 20:06 01 Nov 06

Looks like another full program update.

bluto1 23:19 01 Nov 06

I know it is silly to pursue the but Ewido as I knew it was anti spyware only. I`m getting mixed messages guys. It`s probably all down to Grisoft who probably have two 7.5 programmes running, but in my opinion that`d be rubbish. I`ll go to their website and ask them, then post back here.

Totally-braindead 23:30 01 Nov 06

bluto1 its as posted above by Jan Cyrka and anskyber.
The AVG free we know and love is an anti virus program. The AVG antispyware is the program they bought from Ewido and renamed and its antispyware only.
They are 2 completely different programs to do 2 different things. One is anti virus and the other is antispyware.

bluto1 18:47 02 Nov 06

The answer I got is that "AVG 7.5" is antivirus
and Ewido now known as "AVG Antispyware 7.5" is as you all state. I should have seen it earlier myself. Sorry to have wasted your time. Resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac