AVG 7.1 to 7.5 & pages loading slower somedays!

gazmix 12:10 29 Dec 06

Hi
I turned on my pc this morning & there was a reminder that my version of AVG free will be deleted on the 15th Jan & i need to upgrade to 7.5.

Is it a legit reminder?

Will it overwrite the old version or should i delete 7.1 first & then download 7.5?

As i have Mailwasher, i have to disable AVG mail checker plugin or Mailwasher doesn't work, will i still be able to do this ok!

Also, somedays pages on the net load up faster than other days, is this normal!
I run Firefox & xp.

Thanks
Gaz

anchor 12:18 29 Dec 06

Yes, it is a real reminder. Many of us have already updated AVG to version 7.5. I installed the new version "over the top" of the previous.

Cannot help with Mailwasher, as I don`t use it.

Yes, some days the web is slower; depends usually on the site, time of day, and contention ratio if you are on broadband.

birdface 12:19 29 Dec 06

I would delete the 7.1 first,Run C Cleaner, then install 7.5 ,I tried downloading it on top of the 7.1. Everything came out black,,So had to delete it, And then download it again.

gazmix 12:31 29 Dec 06

Thanks
When i go to the Grisoft homepage, i see loads of options for 7.5 'all necessary modules', 'firewall components' & different dates & sizes.
Which do i download or do i just go to the free.grisoft website & just click on download there!

Yeh, i think i'll uninstall 7.1 1st then download 7.5 as i don't want bits of 7.1 hanging around!!
Gaz

VoG II 12:33 29 Dec 06

Download 7.5 click here

Disconnect from the internet

Uninstall 7.1

Install 7.5

gazmix 12:42 29 Dec 06

I hope it don't matter the order you just wrote VoG, i have uninstalled 7.1 & now am installing 7.5.

The issue with the plugin as i can't use Mailwasher at same time, is that easily disabled as in 7.1.
For some reason i couldn't permanently disable it!
Gaz

birdface 12:46 29 Dec 06

On this one you can get the full version on 30 day trial,I think it reverts back to the free version if you dont want to pay for it after the 30 days, If you are short of Spyware programs, Teir A.V.G anti-Spyware is also very good,And can be downloaded from same Page,

birdface 12:47 29 Dec 06

Forgot to add the page,click here

gazmix 12:50 29 Dec 06

Cheers, i got Spybot, Adaware se & ZA so i think i'm fully protected, as i say, i hope there's no specific order to uninstall & install!
Gaz

birdface 12:59 29 Dec 06

If you are going to uninstall, Make sure AVG Anti virus is switched off first,Just right click it in the Quick start.And tick Quit AVG,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…