AVG 7.0 interenet connection problem

Trikie 18:39 31 Jan 05

I have just installed AVG 7.0 on a replacement computer and trying for updates get the message "Internet connection failed".

The internet works OK for everything else - are there any special settings needed?

Lionheart ? 19:06 31 Jan 05

Grisoft have problems with their server/updates, which they are aware of, they are working to correct the situation.

Taw® 19:30 31 Jan 05

Trikie as v Lionheart ? grisoft have some difficulty at times. I am on BB so I tend to leave it on auto update and eventually it installs the update. I know on the previous version 6 you could go to the grisoft site download the update file and save it to the AVG folder, but I am not sure whether this process can be done on 7, someone may pass by with the answer.

PA28 19:37 31 Jan 05

Oh no, not another! Have a look click here and click here. Yes you can go to the AVG website, download to a folder and update from there - http:click here. Hope this helps!

Djohn 19:38 31 Jan 05

Yep! we all get the same message when the server is busy. Just need to keep trying. :o(

Trikie 22:23 31 Jan 05

Thanks - point taken re searching.

As a matter of interest I copied the updates from the website but then going to the control centre to try to find the way to install from a folder I hit the update command and it did it automatically within 30 seconds!!

PA28 09:04 01 Feb 05

That's the way - just tell it to look in the folder you've downloaded the update to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…