AVG 7.0 Free 'Beta'

Sethhaniel 15:47 12 Oct 04

Any one trying the AVG Free 'Beta' ??????
I have downloaded from their site to give it a whirl ;)

Pesala 15:55 12 Oct 04

I've been using it for some weeks. No problems so far. Virus database updates for both versions seem to come out simultaneously.

Lionheart ? 16:06 12 Oct 04

Same as Pesala, been using it for weeks with no problems.

From there web site.

Important notice: This Beta version of AVG Free Edition will expire 11/30/2004. By this time, the final version of this product will be available for your free download.

Sethhaniel 16:16 12 Oct 04

alongside VG6 or did you uninstall AVG6

Lionheart ? 16:23 12 Oct 04

I Uninstalled AVG 6. If I remember right it detects a previous version and uninstalls it automatically.

bof:) 16:33 12 Oct 04

Hi all,

I've been using the AVG 6.0 free virus checker for ages now. After looking at the AVG website I cannot find the beta version.

Is it available to version 6.0 users? If so where 'exactly' on the AVG website is it?

Many thanks,

TOPCAT® 16:53 12 Oct 04
  misog 18:12 12 Oct 04

I have tried it twice and on both occasions it caused me trouble.
It stopped me connecting to the internet via my broadband . On both occasions Zone Alarm showed that it was blocking routed calls every time I attempted to use the net. or checked mails.
AVG said that it was not caused by the Beta AVG and fobbed me off with a standard mail. So much for beta testing.

Tick Tock 20:36 12 Oct 04

Caused me loads of problems and also used up more
memory on my older system so back to AVG6 ok again.

Sethhaniel 08:22 13 Oct 04

..are they no the AVG 7 standard updates ?????

Sethhaniel 13:26 13 Oct 04

For Virus updates..................
..are they noW the AVG 7 standard updates ????? ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…