AVG 7.0 E mail scanner

Rhuddlan 01:07 19 Dec 04

I have had AVG 7.0 installed for a few weeks now and every so often upon startup, a ballon appears in the taskbar saying that AVG control centre is not working properly and when I open AVG up, the e mail scanner is not activated, I activate it and all is fine, until a few days later the same thing happens, I nor anyone else have made any changes to AVG or windows xp for this to happen, this also happens with my friends comouter who also have AVG 7.0 and XP. Anyone have any ideas???

Simsy 05:59 19 Dec 04

with AVGCC not responding.

What is your isp? I ask because I had problems downloading my email until I disabled the emailscanner.

I use Tesco.net as my isp, which has it's own dialler. I wondered if it was an issue with that??

I'm currently trying Avast.

Sorry this is of no help to you, but I'll keep an eye out.

Regards,

Simsy

john-232317 09:01 19 Dec 04

Maybe something here will help

click here

john-232317 09:03 19 Dec 04

Apparently not ;-))

Type AVG7 in the search box on the left.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:57 19 Dec 04

AVG E MAIL SCANNER SETUP

click here

Rhuddlan 11:32 19 Dec 04

I have Wanadoo Broadband, will try the link provided and post back, regards, Richards.

Rhuddlan 11:34 19 Dec 04

Couldn't find anything to do with the current problem I have, will have a search on Google, thanks for the help anyway.

Border View 12:14 19 Dec 04

Try having a look here click here

I gave up with AVG earlier this week because of considerable problems with Outlook Express and have gone with Avast - quite impressed.

ctm04 17:38 19 Dec 04

I am running XP Pro and Sygate. Up to last week, everything was working fine, but one of the updates messed up my incoming mail. Every time the AVG icon would start spinning, but after a minute I get a message saying it has timed out, error no 0x8000ccc19. The only way I can receive my mail now in OE is by disabling the EMS. I have been onto the AVG forum as well and there are lots of people in the same position since this particular update last week. I keep trying to activate the EMS but so far I have ended up disabling it again as the problem is still there... The people at AVG are working on it.

Stuartli 18:03 19 Dec 04

I've had no problems with e-mails scanning with AVG7 (XP Pro) but installing it on a Windows 98SE system meant that e-mails could not be sent or received.

The solution was to Add avgemc.exe and avgnet.exe to ZoneAlarm's Program Control (use the Browse button to find and add them from the Grisoft folder).

ctm04 18:27 19 Dec 04

Yes a lot of these problems can be fixed by altering firewall settings, but mine are already fully allowed...unfortunately no joy. I will keep trying with every new update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…