AVG 7 Virus Vault. Just a matter of interest

Noels 16:30 24 Feb 04

Over the last couple of weeks I have received more and more e-mails with the usual message Undeliverable email etc etc., for e-mails I haven't sent.(I didn't open any of these) but I was quite surprised one day to find that I had four in the Virus Vault, so it looks as though this is some sort of method of inducing you to open the mail to find out What you had sent that hadn't been delivered ???? If that makes sense.

Regards Noels

Chegs ® 16:42 24 Feb 04

Viruses can "spoof" email addressses,the senders address isn't certain to be the name on the email.I have been receiving numerous emails from Nationwide Building Society telling me that the person I emailed doesn't work for them,I have no NBS account and have never emailed them.

Jester2K 16:45 24 Feb 04

The undeliverable mails are in fact messages returned from e-mails sent by another PC using your address as the return address. Hence you never sent them but you get the undeliverable messages. Someone who has your e-mail address has a virus.

AVG will remove the viruses from the messages as they come into Outlook Express or Outlook, hence they are in the virus vault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…