Is AVG 7 Scanning my whole computer

Tycho 10:19 05 Dec 04

I have just upgraded and see that on the full scan it says that it is scanning drives C and D bu it seems to miss out E and does not show that it is scanning all of th files on C and D. I s everything as it should be?

TIA

JIM 11:15 05 Dec 04

Try the command-line scanner? You can use the AVGSCAN.EXE file.

It has to be run with parameters, so if you want to scan your C:\ drive, you have to run this command-line scan in the following format.
AVGSCAN.EXE C: /parameters.

If you want to scan a specific file/directory, you have to replace the C: path by specific path. The list of possible parameter you can get by the AVGSCAN.EXE /? command.

Or go to the following for a PDF Reference Guide of AVG.

click here

Djohn 11:30 05 Dec 04

Right click on the AVG Icon in sys tray. [Notification area] choose, "Launch AVG test center" Look to the tool bar at the top of the window and click on "Test".

Click on "Scan sellected areas" and you will see all the areas that are scanned as part of the full test. Clicking on the + signs at the side of each drive will expand the tree further and you can then make your own sellections of what to scan and what not to by ticking or unticking each item. [Default setting will show no ticks from this view and is correct]

Normally it will be best to leave it on its default setting to scan all your drives and folders/files unless you wish it not to.

Tycho 17:57 05 Dec 04

Many thanks.

AOK now.

N

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…