AVG 7 Free & Ntlworld

GrahamP 21:02 17 Nov 04

I might be repeating something here but after upgrading to AVG7 Free all my emails to an NTLworld address were returned although the message said they would be retried. They were all eventually rejected.

At this point I had certification on. Switching that off to get rid of the HTML attachments(is Grisoft ever likely to fix this?) enabled all subsequent emails to get through. I'm pretty sure this wasn't coincidence since emails from other users were getting through to my recipient and it was a one-to-one correspondence of rejected emails to certification attachment emails.

GrahamP 11:26 20 Nov 04

It would appear that NTL have revcently introduce more agressive spam filtering. See
click here and click here

I've had another rejected since taking certification off though most are getting through.

SEASHANTY 14:02 20 Nov 04

Just checking my Mozilla Mail (which I use as default for collecting mail from the NTL server) I notice that the box for certification is unticked.
Seems it prefers it this way. I also both send and receive mail in HTML format so that is also on. This allows me to receive the illustrated SVP Communications weekly email offers. Never have any problems with mail.

SEASHANTY 14:05 20 Nov 04

Could be because I do not use AVG7 but Trend AV contained in the V-com system suite. Have noted other threads regarding AVG 7 and email problems.

GrahamP 14:52 20 Nov 04

Thanks you for your interest SEASHANTY.

This is a problem with using AVG 7 Free Edition and sending mail to NTLWorld. If you are not doing either/both of these then it probably doesn't affect you. The certification I'm referring to is an AVG 7 setting that has caused problems for a number of users.

However from my experience and other postings last week throughout the net, if you are an NTLworld user you may be missing some genuine email mistakenly blocked out by their new spam filters.

g0nvs 15:08 20 Nov 04

Using AVG7 and NTL,certification turned off and have no problems at all.

GrahamP 19:18 20 Nov 04

Interesting g0nvs, but how would you know if NTL were rejecting some genuine emails sent to you?

canard 22:44 20 Nov 04

Happened to me but it looked as if AVG had declined the email but it didn't say why.

g0nvs 20:00 23 Nov 04

I don't, when I turned certification off in AVG 7 I was getting 100 plus emails a day. Since NTL put in anti-spam measures this figure has dropped to about 20 a day. Yes, I could be losing some genuine emails but this is not an issue with AVG 7. Certification within AVG 7 seems to be causing a few problems for some people, this is well documented in the AVG forum. Regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…