AVG 7 connects to AOL?

ened 07:00 08 Jan 05

I am with Freeserve yet I keep getting a notification that AVG is connecting to POP3 ipt AOL.
Does anybody know why this might be? I should add that I have never knowingly had anything to do with AOL.

ened 07:26 08 Jan 05

I don't understand this:
It is actually connecting to a/c No: ACb02317 at iptAOL.
Is this something to do with AVG because I have no such account set up in Outlook Express.
An reassurance would be gratefully received because it is connecting to this a/c about every ten minutes - just before the scheduled check to my mail server.

Mango Grummit 08:11 08 Jan 05

Morning, just nip into Outlook Express > tools > acoounts and see what you have there. Delete any account that you are not using. Let's see what that does.

ened 08:58 08 Jan 05

I only have one account there - my Freeserve a/c.
That is what is worrying me!

Diemmess 09:50 08 Jan 05

Seems like there's a rogue dialler in there somewhere. It is strange "connecting to a/c No: ACb02317 at iptAOL". As an Aol use I've never seen anything like that.

How up to date are you with Spyware? This seems a good time to check everything

ened 11:04 08 Jan 05

"This seems a good time to check everything"

Good idea - I am about to start that process.

I was blaming AVG for this but it is beginning to sound like AVG has brought something to light which was already going on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…