AVG 7

zebbydog 13:55 07 Dec 04

I have gone to avg 7 and i cannot open my e-mails unless i turn off the scanner in avg any ideas please Win xp and outlook express

Djohn 14:17 07 Dec 04

Open AVG control centre, double click on the email scanner window. Click on the configure button and you will see the window is divided into three sections.

Email scanning. Tick the top 4 boxes of the 6 on show.

Scanning Properties. Tick the top 2 boxes of 3

Attachment filter. Tick the top box of 2.

Click OK then click on the General tab, place a tick in, Display component and click OK.

If this fails to work then open the email scanner again and click the, Disable Plug-in button lower right of the window. Post back please and let us know how you get on.

Djohn 14:23 07 Dec 04

Click on the "Choose" button and select your email client for full instructions for setting up the scanner. click here

The Kestrel 17:05 07 Dec 04

I have been following several threads on AVG 7 and problems with the email scanner. It appears that if you use Outlook Express you need to set up the server properties in the program.

I have read the article you gave the link for, and tried to follow the instructions. I cannot however find the 'wizard button' Grisoft refer to in the servers set up. Is it only available to the paid for version, as I, and I expect many others, only run the free version.

Djohn 17:42 07 Dec 04

Neither can I! I get as far as the server tab but that's all. Not sure why but will have another play around later on. Version 7 does seem to be causing quite a few problems regarding the correct set-up of the application. You should see the help forums in AVG, Steam coming off the page! :o)

zebbydog 18:09 07 Dec 04

I put a tick in shared test configaration and it works now But i have lost the avg box that comes up to say e-mail is connecting, although it says it is fully functinal.

I first tried manual config and a waste of time stopped it all even with scanner turned off

Thanks for your help

Djohn 18:17 07 Dec 04

Pleased to hear you sorted it zebbydog. Under normal conditions the manual configuration shouldn't be needed but it seems to vary with different users, I suppose there are so many variables in each persons PC setup.

As long as its working now and the email scanner window says fully functional then you are protected and nothing to worry about. Don't bother with the pop up box, most people are asking how to stop it from popping up anyway. :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…