avg 6.0 free edition (no updates)

musichead 18:03 05 Mar 04

i used to use norton virus protection,but was not happy with the service,so i was recommened avg 6.0 free edition.I dl and installed it in my pc with great results could not belive it was free.then a couple of days ago it would not give me any updates and have been trying ever since.When ever i try to update it will not connect to the net and says it cannot establish a connection,but i know i am on line.I have tried all the usual things like uninstall and re-install ,and have tried to get in contact with avg theselves but still no joy.if anybody has any ideas please help,i am worried my pc is not fully protected.

pipedream 18:10 05 Mar 04

Have had trouble updating mine the last few days - think it's just that their servers are very busy due to Netsky etc. (see other posts further down)

anon1 18:19 05 Mar 04

If youi go to the avg site you can manually download the updates and install them yourself, just follow the instructions

Lionheart ? 19:49 05 Mar 04

See here for some tips click here

whatsupdoc 20:00 05 Mar 04

this week we had a very large update file of nearly 3meg. its usually about 80k. so maybe there are no updates for this week.
i find if there is an update it works fine but if no update is available it sometimes freezes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…