AVG 6.0 Difficulty

richardluke 13:08 01 Sep 03

I've been running AVG 6.0 successfully for ages now. Came back off holiday and immediately updated with the latest download. Since then, on boot up, I get a message from the 'AVG Resident Shield', saying 'Can't load AVG Core Service. Please re-install AVG 6.0' there's an OK button and a timer which counts down 30 seconds. If you hit 'OK' AVG loads. If you don't, it doesn't.
I've tried uninstalling / re-installing - same problem. Wasn't a problem before holiday / latest download. Anyone got any ideas, please ?

I'm quite happy to pay out for the latest version if it's good. Anyone know?

wildrover 13:41 01 Sep 03

I have recently updated and found no problem. There are a couple of FAQs about this problem on the AVG site click here? id_rodice=8 - maybe you need to uninstall and replace with new download of the free version?

richardluke 11:53 02 Sep 03

wildrover -thanks for the reply. I'd seen the FAQs but i wondered if this was a common problem.
I've taken your advice and downloaded the Trial Version of 7.0. It seems to have cured the problem. If it continues to work OK I'll probably buy it. I reckon I've had a good few years free protection from Version 6.0.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…