AVG

Dirk Diggler 14:54 04 Feb 06

How can I set up AVG Anti-virus to scan my email attachments as I am using Incredimail?

Diemmess 15:18 04 Feb 06

Having just installed systems on a new primary HD, and using Aol (which pretends not to use IE) AVG is enabled to scan email as well as all the other things.
I confess that yesterday in the initial istallation of one system the icon turned grey and insisted that email scanning was non functional!
I have done so much installing, configuring, and rebooting in this period that I can't remember how it returned to normal full cover.

Why not install it and check?
Do uninstall any other AV program first!

Dirk Diggler 15:29 04 Feb 06

I have AVG installed, and like you I get a message saying email scanner is not functional.

Was wondering how to configure the e-mail scanner for Incredimail

summer27 15:30 04 Feb 06

Dirk, like Diemmess I also have problems occasionally with AVG being non-functional for email scanning. I never know just exactly what puts it back to working correctly. I do know, however, that when I used Outlook Express for my email that AVG automatically scanned each email. Perhaps it will do this for Incredimail also. Either way, I believe it is a very good free program to use for everyday virus scanning.

Batch 15:43 04 Feb 06

This is often needed for OE, don't know if it is same for Incredimail.

Control Center - click on Email Scanner.

PlugIns Tab, click properties b(Brings Up Email Scanner Set-up)

On Servers Tab, make sure that the POP3 and SMTP servers do not have an * against them (* = disabled).

To enable, click modify and select Connection path in the tree and make sure "Activate this server and use for sending / receieving email" is ticked.

Dirk Diggler 16:20 04 Feb 06

Many thanks Batch - It now says email scanner is functional - Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…