AVG

charger 02:32 27 Jan 06

Problem with AVG. Cannot receive or send E-mail unless I disable AVG. If enabled I cannot send or receive E-mail. The message I get is this : The server responded with an error: ERR AVG POP3 Proxy Server: Cannot not connect to the maul server; port 110, Secure(SSL): No. Error: 0x800CCC90: Error Number: 0x800CCC90. Checked all settings and are ok. Still can reverive and send E-mail by disable AVG Email Scanner Tryed download the update and one file was missing--AVG Virivy trezor. Could it be the AVG firewall or Norton's Firewall is creating the problem? Need help--thanks.

charger

bellababy 03:19 27 Jan 06

>?

SANTOS7 10:07 27 Jan 06

The fact that you have TWO firewalls could be the problem they will conflict, you need to get rid of one of them.
if you are running AVG and Norton as an AV then you will alsonedd to turn off one of these.
there is nothing to say you cannot have more than one AV but you need to configure them to do diferent
things........

spuds 10:11 27 Jan 06

Possible configuration problems, by using two firewalls. Disable one and see what happens.

rmcqua 10:12 27 Jan 06

Even if you configure them to do different things, there can be conflicts between 2 separate A/V programs, especially when one of them is as complex as Norton.
I would decide which one you want to use (trust ?) and uninstall the other.

phil46 11:00 27 Jan 06

You should run AVG PLUS FIREWALL as this is new software from AVG i find it better all round even better than Zonealarmm,and i used that for years the PC also loads faster.

phil46 11:01 27 Jan 06

You should run AVG PLUS FIREWALL as this is new software from AVG i find it better all round even better than Zonealarmm,and i used that for years the PC also loads faster.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…