AVG 2011 Probs

tony-guitar 15:40 28 Oct 10

It looks like others are having grief with this new version.In my case, internet is fine on all 4 accounts, but no-one can send e-mails, although we can receive them. I did a System Restore to the day before the download and no-one (except me!) could get online but emails work fine both ways. So i reversed the Restore and we're back to ok internet but can't send emails again. There is an error message now which reads:- The add-in "C/PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG9\avgxch32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. Any ideas guys? What about a uninstalling it all from 'add/remove programs'? - Tony

The Kestrel 16:22 28 Oct 10

Try uninstalling AVG using the freeware version of revo-unistaller from click here. It will remove all AVG entries from your registry. Then try re-installing AVG11. I did it this way when I installed AVG11 and so far all has been OK.

birdface 16:47 28 Oct 10

Maybe switch the e-mail scanner of till and see if that works.

birdface 16:57 28 Oct 10

This is free till tomorrow some time sogives you something else to think about.

click here

tony-guitar 17:15 28 Oct 10

Thanks guys, firstly to buteman, i tried turning off the email scanner but it made no difference, but to The Kestrel, i downloaded Revo Uninstaller, and its wicked. AVG 2011 GONE! Instead i downloaded Avast Free and everything's back to its Hunky Dorey self. Whether i keep Avast or not (looks a bit basic) i'll just wait and see. I'm just pleased its all back to normal

tony-guitar 18:07 28 Oct 10

Still ok!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…