AVG

ste_bla 15:21 05 Jan 05

Last two days there has been two updates for AVG Free Edition however everytime i try and download it, it says server error! andyone else had this problem?

Cal 15:24 05 Jan 05

Yes lots of people just keep trying and hopefully you'll get there in the end.
it took me more than a day.

SANTOS7 15:25 05 Jan 05

Had a similar prob few days ago just put it down to the update server being busy (not surprised AVG popular piece of kit) tried a bit later in day worked fine..........

Cal 15:25 05 Jan 05

Failing that you could always go to AVG and update manually.

Cal 15:27 05 Jan 05

try here

click here

ste_bla 16:08 05 Jan 05

how do i select avg to update from local file?

goff2 17:15 05 Jan 05

i have the same problem as you. I downloaded the file direct but my Windows 98 cannot open the file, so I deleted it. I will just wait and maybe the server will finally be available when most people have updated.

Miss Happy 17:44 05 Jan 05

I have just dowloaded direct from the update button in AVG7 and it dowloaded after a short pause and then received the usual (when working correctly) pop-up screen showing the 3 sets of files it was about to install, pressed ok and all went ok. I had been trying for ages with strange messages saying I had not config. update/ server settings properly. Earlier tried directly from site, as goff2 had, that would not work.
If at first...try, try again,
GOOD LUCK!

JaßîsFaß ˜ 17:52 05 Jan 05

Please also note click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…