AVG

porridge 22:16 21 Apr 04

A couple of weeks ago there were umpteen complaints about how difficult it was to get updates from AVG. In fact the complaints seemed to me to be getting an aggressive tone at times.

I may have missed some thread commenting on the improvement but I don't thinks so and it seems to me that it behooves us to admit that everything is back to normal again with updates coming in so quickly that if one blinks they can be missed!

Just thought I ought to comment as I am extremely grateful for the improvement.

Porridge.

paddyjack 22:22 21 Apr 04

I second that, how many updates today

Djohn 22:23 21 Apr 04

Very valid point porridge. Now that for the past four days or so the connection/download has been instant but apart from yourself, I don't think there has been any comment. :o(

Border View 22:49 21 Apr 04

Just downloaded 428 - thanks for timely reminder. Agree things were quite difficult about two weeks ago, but now service is back to excellent.

Halmer 22:54 21 Apr 04

is it possible to set AVG so that it checks every time that you go on line regardless of the time of day?

Halmer 22:55 21 Apr 04

is it possible to set AVG so that it checks every time that you go on line regardless of the time of day?

Halmer 22:55 21 Apr 04

no patience!

Poloman69 23:25 21 Apr 04

Yes you can set AVG to automatically update packs. Open AVG and go into your Schedule and set a new schedule. Then go into 'perform task' and Set your schedule to update whenever your PC is turned on or whenever your internet connection is established. You can even set it at an interval or even if you missed it.

Halmer 22:03 26 Apr 04

Would someone be good enough to guide me thro' Poloman's thread above please?

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:01 26 Apr 04

Must be the Pro version....

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…