avg

pat2068 20:19 11 Apr 04

can someone tell me if i can put avg on disc and if i can how would i do it thanks leo

Diodorus Siculus 20:21 11 Apr 04

Do you mean run it from a CD? I doubt it, as it needs to install files into the OS.

IF you mean burn to CD and install on another machine, then yes, simply download it and copy to CD like any other file.

Apologies if I have misread...

paddyjack 20:24 11 Apr 04

no point, it only works on 1 machine your machine. If you have to format your comp you will have to reregister, and get a new Reg Number. A pain I know buts that the way they work.

mrdsgs 20:47 11 Apr 04

you can put the free version on as many machines as you like, with the same serail number.

just download the avg programme to your hard disk and then copy it to cd

mrdsgs

spuds 00:28 12 Apr 04

Many monthly computer magazines, usually have a cover disc with AVG. If you have any recent mags, perhaps this could be a solution for you.

Diodorus Siculus 00:30 12 Apr 04

Still wondering what the question meant...

Stuartli 09:24 12 Apr 04

I always save such small programs, utilities and updates/patches to CD-R - it's handy if there are any problems or for updating friends and family's systems.

I use FreshDownload and have a permanent FD (FreshDownload) folder on the Desktop which is the downloads target.

The files I wish to put on a CD-R are then burned to the disk in multisession mode - once the CD-R is full I start a new one. It is, of course, important to keep a full record on the case's insert label.

The bonus is that I still have a copy of the files in the FD folder as well.

pat2068 11:38 12 Apr 04

my daughter hasent had her pc on the net for a year or so and she has no updated virus protection and dosent have the patch she is now trying to get all the things she needs before she goes back on leo

Stuartli 12:06 12 Apr 04

You will need the latest version of AVG before being able to install updates - it won't install the latest updates unless you have reached a particular database number.

Otherwise you have to do it in sequence and it's much easier to download the newest version first to minimise the updates total.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…