avest free on windows xp

pcman13 20:41 22 Mar 15

Hi, I have posted this before, I have a problem, where XP won't boot normally just gets to you desktop the reboots. It's hangs on aswrvrt.sys when booting in safe mode. this happen after updating to the latest program version of avast free. it runs fine with version 9 but still wont run an boot with the latest version 10.22 is till the same. I have been in touch with avest they said keep the old version till the new version comes out. but it's still the same. now they it may be a conflict with one of the programs on my computer but have no idea of which on any help please thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:05 22 Mar 15

It's hangs on aswrvrt.sys when booting in safe mode.

Unfortunately this file will not be the one it hangs on as it will be the last file loaded before the hang

i.e. its the next file that's causing the hang.

If you can get to command prompt run chkdsk /f/r

it may be a corrupt file causing the hang.

rdave13 21:19 22 Mar 15

If you're up and running, download avastclear.exe from here.

Do the obvious running in safe mode.

Reboot and open explorer. Look under C:\ and program files. Right click the Avast folder and delete.

Run Cleaner including the registry cleaner tool within it, then reboot.

Download Avast again from FileHippo remembering to untick the extras that are offered during install.

See if that works.

pcman13 13:28 25 Mar 15

thanks for your help tried both your ideas with no look. safe mode hangs on aswrvrt.sys the file before it are snapman.sys , mup.sys. sswvmm.sys, aswrvrt.sys

last time it came up withh stop file * stop: 0x0000000a (0x00000080,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x806E7A16) thanks

Daisy_Michael 14:49 25 Mar 15

Try uninstalling AVAST & see if it resolves the issues.

pcman13 16:26 25 Mar 15

Hi have done so and with version 9 all ok it just when you put version 10 on the trouble starts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…