//some 3rd party need geo

Avery labels printing misalignment

mern 08:10 11 Nov 04

Trying to print labels. Correct procedure followed , mail merge and Avery number inserted. Addresses however do not fall into centre of labels but eventually drift down on the page thus address printed over two labels. Correct paper size indicated in Epson 680. Using Windows 98. Never had this problem with Epson 660. What crime of omission have I been guilty of

Lionheart ? 08:20 11 Nov 04

Think you may have to calibrate your printer to the Avery software, this what I had to do.

€dstowe 08:31 11 Nov 04

Are you using Avery software or that provided with your word processor that claims to be for Avery labels? The Avery ones are better.

You can download Avery software for free from their website (Avery Wizard or Avery Design Pro light click here ).

You still need to calibrate your printer, though, as Lionheart ? says

Dave123 08:38 11 Nov 04

I'm afraid I've had exactly the same problem using word running on win 98. Last xmas I gave up and wrote out my xmas card adresses. I may have another go this year as I'm now using XP with office 2000. Sorry can't be any help.

carper 10:22 11 Nov 04

I had similar problem until I went into page set up and set all margins including top and bottom to "0"

mern 12:18 11 Nov 04

Thanks for all the advice. I am using Staples labels which according to the box is the same size as Avery products J8160. Will the download work with these Ed.

Lionheart ? 12:20 11 Nov 04

Think you should be ok using Staples labels, give it ago.

€dstowe 09:11 12 Nov 04

The Avery software will work with all labels that have the Avery size coding - which seems pretty much a standard these days.

mern 09:18 12 Nov 04

Thanks for that Ed. Have downloaded the software and as you say it does seem to work with Avery size coding but the wretched print out still doesnot fit into the relevant labes no matter what I do. Looks like I am going to have to get my quill pen and ink out of retirement for this years Xmas cards

recap 09:23 12 Nov 04

Make sure you have the correct labels for your printer, i.g. Inkjet and NOT Laser labels.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…